High-speed internet now available to residents in 27 NH communities
Manchester, N.H. (September 20, 2012) - More New Hampshire residents can quickly e-mail photos, download music and surf the Internet now that FairPoint Communications has expanded broadband service to more than 2,845 homes and businesses throughout the state.
FairPoint high-speed Internet is available for the first time to eligible customers living in Alton, Auburn, Bath, Cambridge, Candia, Clarksville, Columbia, Conway, Easton, Errol, Farmington, Francestown, Franconia, Gilford, Gilmanton, Hale's Location, Laconia, Lempster, Meredith, Moultonborough, Pittsburg, Rochester, Sandwich, Stewartstown, Warren and Woodsville.�
Since April 2008, FairPoint has invested $182 million in its communications infrastructure and technology to bring broadband to northern New England, including building thousands of miles of new fiber across the region. FairPoint's new fiber-based, high capacity network offers customers a better, faster way to communicate.
"Broadband access is fundamental to the state's future economic growth and opens doors to the world for the residents and businesses," said Pat McHugh, FairPoint's New Hampshire state president. "Our employees are working every day to build more broadband across the state. We are pleased to announce we have expanded the availability of high-speed Internet to these additional homes and businesses."
This expansion is part of FairPoint's plan to increase broadband access to 95 percent of its service areas in New Hampshire. High-speed connection areas include portions of the following streets/roads:
- Alton, Gilford, Gilmanton and Laconia - 750 homes and businesses
- Alton: Acorn, Anniversary Hill, Aqua Vue, Bachelor Beach, Central, Cherry Hill, Clough Point, Cub, Elm, Haven, Hermit, Holly, Indian Shore, Lake Shore, Lamprey Edge, Mauhaut Shores, Mill Cove, Mount Major, Nowicki Point, Railroad, Riley, Rollins, Sleepers, Smith Point and Treasure.
- Gilford: Abenaki, Anchor, Artisan, Aviation, Bakers, Belnap Mountain, Boulder, Breezy, Bridget, Carriage, Checkenberry, Chipmunk, Doris, Dunbar, Gary, Hidden, Hollow, Horseshoe, Hoyt, Irish Setter, Island View, Jones, Lake Shore, Lake Shore Park, Lily Pond, Linda, Lindsay, Little, Longridge, Marina, Old Rail, Pier Point, Shamus, Tall Tree, Tower, Waterford, Wild Acres and Woodbridge.
- Laconia: Anthony, Arlington, Artisan, Brian, Brittany, Elm, Hickory Stick, Janna, Kristen, Leigh, Massachusetts, Nature's View, North, Paradise, Paugus Park, Sheridan, Starboard and Van Buren.
- Gilmanton: Abenaki, Allen's Hill, Arrowhead, Buck, Canoe, Flintlock, Griffin, Indian Head, Lakeshore, Leatherstocking, Loon Pond, Malecite, Meadow Pond, Moccasin, Musket, Stockwell Hill, Tepi and Warbonnet.
- Pittsburg, Clarksville, Columbia and Stewartstown - 490 homes and businesses
- Pittsburg: Baldwin, Camp Otter, Cozzie, Currier, Eastman, Glen, Golden Eagle, Harry's Hill, Holly, Lakeview Estates, Main, Merrill, Metallak, Ramblewood, Round Pond, Stewart Young, Terrill, Timberland, Varney and Winter.
- Clarksville: Cardinal, Clarksville Pond, Foskett, Grandview, Hollow, NH Route 145, Old County, Rudy, Tower, West and Wiswell.
- Stewartstown: Bear Rock, Bishop Brook, Cedar, Creampoke, Dostie, East, Gould, Haynes, Hill, Holden Hill, Hollow, Hoyt, McAllister, Mudget Hill, North Hill, Owens, Purrington, Sullivan and US Route 3.
- Columbia: Harvey Brook, Samson, North Jordan Hill, South Jordan Hill and US Route 3.
- Candia and Auburn - 435 homes and businesses
- Auburn: Bunker Hill, Chester, Coleman, Dearborn, Gardner, Lilak, Lovers, Maverick, Noll's Farm, Pasture, Pond View, Preston, Ryan and Sherlock.
- Candia: Brookstone, Critchet, Currier, Deerfield, Donovan, Hall's Mills, High, Horizon, Mayhew, Merrill, New Boston, North, Old Deerfield, Podunk, Thresher and Whitehall.
- Sandwich, Meredith and Moultonborough - 330 homes and businesses
- Sandwich: Ames, Frog Pond, Hambrook Field, Little Pond, Mason, Mountain, Oak Ridge, Palmer Hill, Partridge Hill, Sandwich Slopes, Taterboro, Vittum Hill and Whittier Hill.
- Meredith: Leopard's Leap, Redding and Tiger.
- Moultonborough: Beechwood, Black Cat Island, Blackey Cove, Clearwater Point, Deepwater, Driftwood, Eagle Shore, Falcon, Grassy Pond, Gregson, Hanson, Kerrie, Krainewood, Leopard's Leap, Panther, Redding, Rose, Salmon Meadow, Sheltie, Swan Point, Wilson and Whittier.
- Easton, Bath, Franconia and Woodsville - 230 homes and businesses
- Bath: Aldrich, Bradley Hill, Cemetery, Cross, Franklin, French Pond, Hill, Pioneer, Plain, Porter, Sheffield, Tewksbury, Tyler, Wild Ammonoosuc and Wilson Bridge.
- Woodville: Deer Run, Little Eddy, Lost River, McGuire, Swiftwater, Tunnell Brook, Wild Ammonoosuc and Wildwood.
- Easton: Easton Valley, Gingerbread, Hummingbird, Lost River and Paine.
- Franconia: Beaver Meadow, Gingerbread, Lost River, Mountain and Paine.
- Goshen and Lempster - 220 homes and businesses
- Goshen: Ball Park, Bonny Acres, Brook, Cross, DuBois and Rand Pond.
- Lempster: Dero, Dow, Grandview, Hurd, NH Route 10, Oak Ridge and Waldron.
- Farmington and Rochester - 150 homes and businesses
- Rochester: Arrow, Atwood, Betts, Buffy, Chestnut Hill, Cross, Governor's, Joshua, Mountain View and Tonka.
- Farmington: Chestnut Hill, Cottontail, Dodge Cross, Golden Circle, Governor's and Labrador.
- Errol and Cambridge - 75 homes and businesses
- Errol: Cote, Lafleur, Lakeview, Mountain Pond and Upton.
- Cambridge: Leblanc, Paradise Point and NH Route 26.
- Conway and Hale's Location - 65 homes and businesses
- Hale's Location: Boulder Ridge, Bunker, Carleton, Elm Brook, Fairway, Falcon, Green, Link, Moat Mountain and Overlook.
- Conway: Howard, Justamere, Samuel Hale, Valley and West Side.
- Warren - 80 homes and businesses on the following� streets/roads: Batchelder Brook, Breezy Point, Durfee, Libbey, Old Glencliff, Pleasant View, Richardson, NH Route 118, Swimming Hole and Whitcher Hill.
- Francestown - 30 homes and businesses on portions of the following streets/roads: Hiram Patch, Old County, Pleasant Pond, Sleeper Mill and Todd.
To find out if you are eligible for FairPoint's high-speed Internet and to obtain information about prices and bundled plans, residential consumers can call 1-866-984-2001 or visit www.FairPoint.com.
About FairPoint Communications, Inc.
FairPoint Communications, Inc. (NasdaqCM: FRP) is a leading communications provider of broadband Internet access, local and long-distance phone, television and other high-capacity data services to customers in communities across 18 states. Through its fast, reliable fiber network, FairPoint delivers high-quality data and voice networking communications solutions to residential, business and wholesale customers. FairPoint delivers VantagePointSM services through its resilient IP-based network in northern New England. This state-of-the-art fiber network provides carrier Ethernet connections to support the surging bandwidth and performance requirements for cloud-based applications like network storage, disaster recovery, distance learning, medical imaging, video conferencing and CAD/CAM along with traditional voice, VoIP, video and Internet access solutions. Additional information about FairPoint products and services is available at www.FairPoint.com. You can also connect with FairPoint on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/myfairpoint) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/myfairpoint).